Thursday, January 31, 2013

Groundhog's Day

Groundhog's Day is a fun time to HOPE for spring . . . and get the students excited about weather, making predictions and seasons. There are some great groundhog books, but one that I like to read is, Go to Sleep, Groundhog!
This book, by Judy Cox, is about a Groundhog who can't fall asleep, an easy thing for kids to make a connection to! Here is a FREEBIE - questions to use after reading this book!

Check out some other great Februrary books/activities at 1...2...3...Teach With Me - Activity Blog Hop!
I have made some wh- question books to help my students work on these basic questions. Many of my students are working on answering WHO or WHAT using pictures supports and visually supported text. Check this out in my Groundhog Goodies Activity Pack at TpT.

2 comments:

  1. I love that book! Found your blog through the linky!

    LookingFromThirdtoFourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!! I found it through the linky. :) http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/ Come visit us sometime. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete