Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Inspiration



I'm linking up with Dana, from Fun in First Grade . . .
Something that always inspires me is a great Torey Hayden book! Hayden was a special education teacher, among other jobs in the same field. She wrote numerous nonfiction books about her experiences. Each book allows me to refocus on WHY I teach and reminds me that I can make a difference in the lives of kids. Hayden works through some serious behavior and emotional trials. She approaches her students in a way I admire and she believes in them, when many others have given up. If you haven't read one of her books, pick up One Child.

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog!! Too cute!

    -Ciera
    adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to read this book!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh... good recommendation for inspiration! This book is definitely going on my "To Read" shelf - I'm always looking for books related to education. Thank you for sharing :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of her books. They often help me put into perspective the things I am facing in my classroom. They are a great reminder in having patience and remembering to be there for our kiddos because we might not know everything a kiddo is going though.

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit when you get the chance. I am having a giveaway that I would love for you to be part of.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete